Parkersburg Oil and Gas Museum

Parkersburg Oil and Gas Museum

Длительность: 00:09:00
Нравится 0 Не нравится 0 В избранное В избранное Просмотров: 1 115
ВКонтакт Facebook Одноклассники Twitter Яндекс Livejournal Liveinternet Mail.Ru
Опубликовал: Феликс Каспаринский 08.09.2012
Parkersburg, located at the confluence of the Ohio and Little Kanawha ...
Parkersburg, located at the confluence of the Ohio and Little Kanawha Rivers, is the third largest city in the State of West Virginia. Parkersburg has been the seat of Wood County (first Virginia, later West Virginia) since the early 1800s.

Parkersburg was originally named Newport when it was laid out in the late 18th century. A section of the land in the town was laid out over land granted to Alexander Parker for his Revolutionary War service. The title conflicts between Parker and the city planners of Newport were settled in 1809 in favor of Alexander Parker's heirs. The town was renamed Parkersburg in 1810. It was chartered by the Virginia General Assembly in 1820 and rechartered as a city in 1860.


For additional information on Parkersburg, West Virginia and the Oil & Gas Museum, please go to
http://www.FreeTravelWithUs.com/WV/Parkersburg/Parkersburg_Oil_Gas_Museum_Page.htm


For additional travel locations, see
http://www.FreeTravelWithUs.com

Please email us at FrankieD@FreeTravelWithUs.com with any helpful suggestions on how we can do a better job documenting our travels and getting the word out about our website. Thanks!